Lets see who are all interested to hire you if you have MBA finance
1. Home loan companies like DHFL, AdityaBirla Home loans, PNB Housing etc.,
2. Insurance companies like LIC, Bajaj Allianz, TATA AIG, Oriental Insurance etc.,
3. Retail Banks Like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Axis Bank etc.,
4. Investment Banks Like JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Deutsche bank, Kotak Mahindra etc.,
5. Financial Firms such as Bajaj Capital, Birla Global Finance, HDFC, karvy group etc.,
6. Risk Consulting Firms such as RiskPro, Axis Risk consultants, SGS India etc.,
7. Privately traded companies in various industries like Kaizen Private equity, TATA Power trading, OSWAL group etc.,
8. Publicly traded companies in various industries like BSE/NSE listed companies.Federal, provincial/state and municipal government.
You could join as a HR in any industries/ companies, opportunities everywhere.
You could choose to join as a executive in any of the job placement consultancies. To know how to become a HR executive in job consultancies, read my post here.
If you see the opportunities listed for both the major, you seem to find more choices listed for MBA Finance. But, opportunities are equal for both the major, as I have not listed the name of all the companies across all sectors for HR specialisation. It is not practically possible to list them all here. It is understandable that any startups or SMEs or any major corporate would require MBA in HR to run Human Resource department.
Securing a job in any functional area would be easy if you are strong in your academics as a fresher..