Having completed a Bachelors degree, now you are analysing your choices for becoming a Human Resource Executive in a reputed company or your dream company. But you are not sure whether are not you are eligible to apply for HR jobs, with just Bachelor degree in hand.
Pic Source – Google
Due to financial problem or due to any personal reasons, you wanted to join a company as a HR, soon after graduation, so that you can support your family and also save money for pursuing Master’s degree in future.
Can You Become a HR without a Master’s degree? Yes you can, that’s what we are going to talk about in this article.
Can You Become a Successful HR without a Master’s degree? Well, It is up-to you, completely depends on how serious you are in shaping up your career.
Not all are lucky to land a job in dream corporate company, that too as a fresher with just Bachelor’s degree. So, joining a staffing company would be the best alternate option to kick start a career in HR without a Masters degree.
So, Lets see how to join the job placement consultancies otherwise called staffing companies or agencies.
- To begin with apply for job placement consultancies with your bachelor degree. Lets say for example you are B.Com graduate with moderate to excellent proficiency in English, after successful completion of interview, you will be selected as HR Executive or Trainee.
- You are expected to have at least minimum proficiency in English, which is one important skill for becoming an HR Executive.
- Most of the companies have probationary period of 6 months before they offer a permanent position to you.
- The attrition rate is high in staffing companies, you are more likely to land in securing a job faster than you imagined (That’s a good news 🙂 )
- As a full time HR executive, you will be screening and sourcing candidates for your clients (lining up candidates for interviews with your client companies).
- Needless to say, your performance review is based on how quickly and efficiently you were able to fill the vacancies in client companies.
- The environment in staffing companies are very competitive, at times you may feel like quitting but hey, its the scenario in all corporate companies out there. But, as a fresher with hot blood you will learn to become more competitive, more interested in job once you start receiving performance incentives.
- Now you have free access to job portals, learnt to do keyword search and filtering out genuine resume from spam, now you have good knowledge about any company expectations in terms of recruiting, now you really know whether you are interested in being HR.
- When right time comes, make your move to your dream corporate company.
What is the best outcome of working as a HR in Staffing Companies?
- Your fluency in communication has improved.
- You have learnt the art of writing Email professionally.
- You learnt to be competitive by working hard to achieve the targets.
- You were able to save money for future without depending on parents.
- If the HR path is right for you, you will eventually move up in career ladder, do well in HR.
- During this period, anytime have you felt HR is not best for you, you have plenty of time to decide the right career choice for you. And if you are smart, you could even directly apply to the desired functional area, try your best to secure a job without further formal education (That’s a good news 🙂 ).
- Now you have made some friends in HR in different industries, you have handful of network, which is very essential for growing in professional life.
So Why bother doing Master’s when you have plenty of opportunities out there?
Congrats!! Now you have saved time and money joining a company without doing Master’s.